1. The area of leg length discrepancy is quite controversial, with differing beliefs and approaches from practitioners of different modalities who have received different trainings. I hope this brief document is found useful.
2. Some LLDs can be caused by structural differences in the lengths/vertical dimensions of bones. These are called true LLDs. Some LLDs can be caused by dysfunctions in joints and their associated soft tissues, and misalignment of bones. These are called false or functional LLDs. It is important to differentiate between true and false LLDs.
3. In addition leg lengths can be assessed in standing, sitting, and lying prone and supine.
4. Another more in-depth document will be forthcoming that goes more into different methods of LLD assessment, as well as treatment, common errors and misunderstandings.
5. PRACTICAL BACKGROUND BASICS
BOTTOM LINE – PRELIMINARY STRUCTURAL ASSESSMENT – PRE-TREATMENT
Now move within arms reach of the person.
Overcome Neck and Back Pain by Kit Laughlin
Personal communication with Kit Laughlin
Patterns of facilitation and inhibitions of the lower extremities and pelvis by Manual Therapy Institute
Personal communication with Craig Berry
Principles of Manual Medicine 3rd ed. by Phillip Greenman
Welcome to my Blog! I hope to contribute useful and interesting material for you to read here. Be Happy!
Helping you create the conditions that will optimise and support your body's own self-healing ability.
Helping you identify and target the root causes of your health problems.
(By truly getting to the roots of a problem, we're better able to help you remove it, rather than simply masking over it temporarily.)
Giving you the knowledge and support to ease your concerns, progressively maximise your independence and take more responsibility for your own health outcomes.