AN ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF ITS ORIGINS
AND A STATEMENT OF INTENT
1. S.A.I.N.T. derives its origins from many ancient and modern lines of thought, feeling, and action indicated below. In many ways it seems there is nothing new under the sun. My gratitude to all those who have been willing to instruct me as a student. My sincerest apologies for any omissions.
2. It has been indicated to me that sustained acupressure may have been practised in ancient Egypt, China, India, by some of the North American Indian healers and perhaps by some groups derived from modern Scientology.
3. The concept of embracing and accepting all other experience with unconditional love, unconditional forgiveness, and gratitude, was first introduced to me by Reverend Beth Gray, my Reiki teacher. Many others have championed this message, including Dr Ray (point 15 below).
4. Breathing exercises have been practised in different forms in India, Japan, China and other cultures for thousands of years. (In addition, oxygen therapies and oxygen supplementation have been written about and used extensively in recent years.) In this area I am grateful for the lineages of, and the instruction received from: Master Jirong Zhang, Master Mantak Chia, Gurumayi Chidvilasananda (successor of Baba Mukatananda, successor of Bhagawan Nityananda), Nicholas Van Voorst (founder of BlueGold Health Teaching Services and Magnetic Health), Mareko Kasugai (student of Grand Sensei Shizuto Masanaga), Riley Lee and Rod Berger. I am also grateful for the authorship of B.K.S. Iyengar, Yogi Ramacharaka, Vishnudevananda, Sheldon Saul Hendler, and others.
5. Proper hydration is critical in healing. The groundbreaking work of Dr Batmanghelidj in his book Your Body's Many Cries for Water: You are Not Sick, You are Thirsty Don't Treat Thirst with Medications is crucial reading. A summary article by myself is available. Dr Sheldon Saul Hendler has indicated in his book The Oxygen Breakthrough that dehydrated cells cannot use Oxygen. Russell Sturgess has indicated in his instruction manual Fascial Kinetics how dehydration relates to so many health problems, particularly through its role in predisposing to the formation of fascial restrictions and calcifications in the body. Vincent Priessnitz (the highly-esteemed founder of Hydropathy in Europe) demonstrated the efficacy of water drinking and helped hundreds of people to heal. Callum Coates has done a great service in preserving the work of Victor Schauberger and his understanding of vortex theory. Modern day work on energizing water with the Living Water units designed by the Austrian gentleman Johann Grander is worthy of study, and may be of planetary importance in years to come. Wellness water filters are also worthy of investigation. Franz Morell's method of water testing has apparently been made available in recent times with the Bio-terrain testing equipment. His suggestion to avoid ingesting distilled water is worthy of consideration.
6. The healing crisis' concept may have been taught throughout the history of natural medicine. It's first written acknowledgment seems hard to determine with certainty. The homeopaths called it retracing', and quoted Hering's Law of Cure. The old-style chiropractors practised rectification' to induce it. It has been spoken of in western literature in connection with Nature Cure and Hydrotherapy practitioners like Jensen, Jaffrey, Lindlahr, Lahn, Kuhne, Vincent Priessnitz, and others. Dr Ray (point 15 below) had a profound understanding of it, and his amendment/addition to Hering's Law of Cure is worthy of consideration.
7. The concept of regression' is well-known within the field of psychology, and is also referred to in NLP, Rebirthing, some Voice Dialogue derivatives, Holotropic Breathwork, Body Electronics, hypnosis, and several other healing modalities.
8. The concept of a human being composed of awareness, aware ego, and many selves', which polarize between vulnerability and protection/adaptation is deeply applied in Voice Dialogue, founded by Hal and Sidra Stone. It is also appreciated, at least in part or in different ways, in Gestalt Therapy, the Gurdjieff Work, and in Dr Ray's (point 15 below) concept of the encompassment of duality. I am grateful for the instruction of John Bligh Nutting in the area of Voice Dialogue.
9. The concept of smiling inside, or consciously generating loving joyful energy, or enthusiasm, to simultaneously encompass all other experience (not exclude/suppress/deny), is derived from Taoist meditation, Metta Bhavana Meditation, and Dr Ray's concept of transmutation of the emotional body. I am grateful for instruction in this area from Master Jirong Zhang, Master Mantak Chia, Mr Goenka of India and his assistant teachers, and Dr Ray (point 15 below).
10. The concept of the physical, emotional, and mental bodies' is derived from Vedic Science.
11. The importance of Nutrient Density for physical maintenance and regeneration has become widely acknowledged in nutrition circles, and is supported by the remarkable research of Weston A. Price in his book, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration (www.westonaprice.org, also see Sally Fallon's book Nourishing Traditions). Dr Ray's (point 15 below) Nutrient Saturation program is also excellent to consider in this regard.
12. The use of iris observation as a tool to establish certain health priorities has been practised since ancient times in Tibet. In the last few hundred years in the west, it was founded by Peczely, a Hungarian. It has been popularized by Kritzer, Lindlahr, Lahn, Jensen, Angerer, Ray and others since then.
13. Dr Ray (point 15 below) noticed how many differences exist among the different schools of both iridology/iris diagnosis and sclerology. He also discovered vital correspondences between the iris and the sclera. Based on these discoveries he founded his system Iris-Sclera Integrated Diagnosis.
14. The use of acupressure and reflex points and zones has been a part of natural medicine for many years. It is used in some types of medical diagnosis, Polarity Therapy (founded by Randolph Stone), Foot Reflex Zone Therapy, Foot and Hand Reflexology, Shiatsu, Seitai, Acupuncture, Qi Gong, Hydrotherapy, Qi Nei Zang, and other systems. I am grateful for the instruction of Jeff (Randolph Stone's successor) and Lynn Campbell in Polarity Therapy, Heather Graham in Foot and Hand Reflexology, Mareko Kasugai and Rod Berger in Shiatsu, David Brown in Seitai, Master Jirong Zhang, Master Mantak Chia, and Rod Berger in Qi Gong, Ken Jaffrey in Hydrotherapy, and Master Mantak Chia, William U. Wei and Chong Mi Mueller in Qi Nei Zang.
15. As far as I understand it, the pioneer (or at least the foremost proponent in the western world) of sustained acupressure was Prof. Dr Sir John Whitman Ray (deceased 21st April 2001), the founder of Body Electronics, Cranial Electronics, and Iris-Sclera Integrated Diagnosis. He introduced to me and/or deepened my consideration of many of the concepts, practices, and products upon which S.A.I.N.T. is based.
16. My good friend, Douglas W. Morrison (www.howweheal.com), is generally regarded as his main successor. There are, however, several others around the world who have carried on his work in their own way, and are making many of the principles, practices, and products, which were taught and used by Dr Ray, available to people. Dr Morrison's book, How We Heal, is recommended reading for anyone investigating this area, or healing in general.
17. Two humans are allowed to agree to disagree. Some of my ideas and emphases differed with Dr Ray's, according to his own testimony, during his lifetime. This is allowed. It was Dr Ray's expressed desire to me that I keep Body Electronics pure. He also said that it was a moral obligation for a person who has received that system of instruction, to make it available to others. For some years, out of respect for Dr Ray, I have not claimed to teach or practise Body Electronics in its pure' form, and have tended to help far less people as a result of feeling inhibited in this area. For this reason, I have founded S.A.I.N.T.
18. It is my intention to use some of Dr Ray's excellent instructional material. As far as I know this was never copyrighted during his lifetime, and he always encouraged it to be copied and distributed free of charge.
19. Some people familiar with Body Electronics may see S.A.I.N.T. as sufficiently similar as to be virtually a copy. This may seem true at times from certain points of view. Dr Ray and I differed in several areas which appeared unresolvable while he was alive. Body Electronics, and Dr Ray's own world view and personally evolving understanding of life seemed inseparable. For me, it was and is difficult to determine where one ended and the other began, both on paper and in practice. This makes the concept of keeping it pure, even more challenging. Perhaps S.A.I.N.T. will also seem inseparable from my world view and evolving understanding.
20. I agree with Dr Ray, that it may be more important to focus on what we agree on, and what unifies us, than what we disagree on. I also agree with Dr Ray, that there is a time for a righteous discernment.
21. Students are allowed to outgrow, differ from, and evolve onwards from their teachers. And teachers are allowed to learn from their students. I hope that both my teachers and my students are agreeable to this. If not, we can at least respectfully and joyfully agree to disagree.
22. I hereby publicly declare, with enthusiasm, my eternal love, gratitude, respect, compassion, patience, humility, fairness, courage, gentleness, kindness, and inspiration, for the work of Dr Ray's life, for his example, and for the man himself.
23. Thankyou John, for everything you gave to me. My heart is with you, and always has been. It could never be far from you, for as you often reminded me one way or another, we are all one.
24. I have unintentionally injured people during this lifetime. I hope that by making S.A.I.N.T. and other allied practices available to people they can heal their past, recover from their injuries, and help others to do likewise.
25. I have founded S.A.I.N.T. so that more people can experience the benefits of sustained acupressure, understand the healing crisis concept, and help eachother to heal. I hope that this will encourage responsible experimentation and ultimately benefit more people.
26. I hope that S.A.I.N.T. is seen as an evolutionary process, ever-changing, fluid and appropriate to the needs of the day, and not as a rigid entity, fixed and unchanging.
27. I hope that S.A.I.N.T. will serve as a bridge for people to encompass other advanced practices.
28. Among these are certain hydrotherapy procedures and understandings which I have collectively named Body Hydropathy. This encompasses blanket packs, wet sheet packs, spinal ice therapy, abdominal ice compresses, and other techniques. These are derived from Johanna Brandt (famous for her Grape Cure), old Indian Water Cure practices (as written about by Yogi Ramacharaka), Randolph Stone (founder of Polarity Therapy), Ken Jaffrey (one of my teachers and great grandfather of Nature Cure in Australia), and the great Vincent Priessnitz.
29. Also among these are certain postural, moving, and mental/emotional disciplines derived from ancient Chinese practices like Qi Gong, and ancient Indian forms of meditation. I am grateful for the Taoist instruction received from Master Feng ZhiZhiang, Master Ma, Master Jirong Zhang and Master Mantak Chia. I am grateful for the instruction in Vipassana meditation I received from Mr Goenka and his assistant teachers, and for the Siddha Yoga initiation of Gurumayi Chidvilasananda .
30. Whilst I aspire to be a good student, I believe myself to be a poor one, having perceived the greatness of my teachers. I ask that my students and clients not judge my teachers for my shortcomings.
A Page of Blessings
My gratitude to all of my teachers
and the lineages from which they came.
May we all learn from eachother.
Teacher and student are one.
May there be affection, patience, and gratitude
between teachers and students.
May we help eachother to heal.
May we all see and revel in delight at our oneness
With the light, love, laughter and dancing
Of the One Great Being
Father and Mother of All that lives, breathes, and moves
Creator, Sustainer, and Destroyer of all that is
In whom we all have our being
May you see the light and love of the Great Being
Shining through all your thoughts, feelings, and actions
May Love, Joy, Compassion, Gratitude
Patience, Respect, Humility, Sincerity, Honesty
Fairness, Courage, Gentleness, and Kindness
Arise within you, moment by moment
Again and again
And fill your life.
May all beings be happy!
Early Spring, 2005.
Welcome to my Blog! I hope to contribute useful and interesting material for you to read here. Be Happy!