FOR PEOPLE RECEIVING BODYWORK
WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT THAT YOU DRINK WATER?
Kyle Grimshaw-Jones ND, RT www.conscioushealing.com.au
(The following is based on: Dr Batmanghelidj€™s book €œYour Body€™s Many Cries for Water€,
Russell Sturgess€™ €œFascial Kinetics €“ Student Manual€, and Deane Juhan€™s book €œJob€™s Body€)
* Bottom line - Your body needs 2 to 3 Litres of water per day.
* Drink an extra glass or two of water for every glass of tea, coffee, or alcohol you have.
* Have up to ½ teaspoon of Celtic Sea Salt per 10 glasses of water, in case you get cramps in unexercised muscles or in your legs at night.
* Your connective tissue includes blood, lymph and mucous, bone and cartilage, tendons and ligaments as well as deep and superficial fascia. Even a small degree of dehydration will bring susceptibility to injury to that tissue.
* Wrapping around every other tissue in your body, and continuous from head to toe, is your fascia.
* When there are abnormal mechanical stresses being exerted on your body, it is able to absorb more stress and strain through having properly hydrated connective tissue, which instead of tearing or breaking will absorb the stress.
* According to fascial theory, the reason why the discs develop problems in the first place is because the weight bearing which is normally borne by the €˜Hydrostatic Pressure€™ of the connective tissue has been compromised. The weight bearing is now mostly on the discs which were never designed to take that much weight. As such the discs begin to become degenerative.
* Your intervertebral discs are only ¼ as effective at cushioning your vertebrae and spinal nerves if they dehydrate.
* Both the fluid around and throughout your fascia (ground substance), and your fascia itself, can gradually dry out and stick together. This sticking together, or gluing can get more and more solid over time, eventually calcifying or crystallizing completely.
* These form blockages to energy, blood, lymph, and CSF flow.
* Adequate water and salt, in combination with Bowen Therapy, Bodywork generally, Soft Tissue Therapy, S.A.I.N.T. (Sustained Acupressure Intensive Nutrition Therapy), Hydrotherapy, and Body Hydropathy can be employed to dissolve these various blockages and levels of restriction.
* One way these work is by pulling the €˜stuck€™ fascial fibres apart and using compression to re-hydrate the ground substance, through the piezoelectric effect.
* Changes in hydration are evidenced in the sort of reaction clients experience after or during their treatments. Thirst, frequent urination, perspiration, flooding menses and diarrhoea are typical.
* These therapies can only be effective and give long-lasting results if you consistently drink enough water on a daily basis.
* If inadequate water is consumed, many types of bodywork corrections do not €œhold.€
* Corrective exercises, and regular stretching, moving, and walking can also help.
* To be well, love water, love salt, love drinking, love your fascia and ground substance, love moving, and love yourself.
* Care about your fascia. Care about yourself.
* Keep a water bottle with you throughout the day. Remember to use it!
Welcome to my Blog! I hope to contribute useful and interesting material for you to read here. Be Happy!